The aim of proposing an approach to GOALBALL is based on the specificity of being one of the few sports created for people with visual disability. In this sense, what the initiative searches is:
– Bring all WSG athletes closer to a specific sport for people with disabilities (not an adapted conventional sport).
– That WSG participants understand the difficulty of playing a sport with the privation of a sense such as sight.
– Achieve the integration of conventional athletes into a sport created for athletes with disabilities (form of reverse integration).
– Raise awareness about the difficulties suffered by athletes with disabilities.
– Achieve the collaboration of entities / associations of visual disability able to provide brief training / raise awareness to interested participants, and eventually become stable members of the WSG movement.
– Bringing local audiences (from the place where the WSGs are held) closer to the Games ’own initiatives and allowing them to participate.